DanceXchange is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey. We seek to inspire young people to create, experience and participate in great arts and culture. We encourage teachers and schools to embed creative practices within the curriculum for maximum breadth and balance.
We can offer all educational settings:
- A bespoke tailored scheme with each individual school’s needs at the heart of delivery
- Thorough planning sessions with our dance practitioner to tailor the offer and maximise efficiency
- Support in advocating dance in cross-curricular and topic-based learning
- CPD sessions for teachers, either in school or at DanceXchange’s building in Birmingham City Centre
- Opportunities to link with programmed shows at The Patrick Studio and Birmingham Hippodrome
- Access to a wealth of expertise and industry knowledge through the DanceXchange team and our rich, diverse network of professional partners
- Access and support to the nationally recognised progression routes for youth excellence at DX (Centre for Advanced Training, Generate, DX Class Programme)
- Delivery of Arts Award at Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver level
- Guidance and practical support on helping pupils to achieve Arts Award
Examples of how we might help you:
- A safe and supported introduction to creative movement for every child
- Creative tasks to balance, complement and enhance curricular understanding
- Practices to nurture and encourage positive mental wellbeing, social interaction and empathy
- Development of confidence and leadership skills through choreographic independence and sharing knowledge with peers and parents
- Practical and originally delivered careers guidance
- Support in delivering high-quality GCSE/A-level/BTEC level dance tuition
Every school is unique and we have the skills and expertise to tailor our offer to your needs.
Please see our Schools Programme page for further details.