Generate is an exciting foundation training programme for young people aspiring to intensive prevocational training.
When does it take place?
One afternoon commitment each weekend during academic term time at DanceXchange Studios.
Every Sunday, 1.30 – 4.30pm
£90 per term (6 sessions)
Our high-quality sessions are led by dance industry professionals in a variety of styles and techniques, sharing g expertise and knowledge with the young dancers to help them develop and reach their potential.
- Technique and creative sessions
- Dancer Development Tutorials covering creative development
- 1 to 1 personalised feedback from industry professionals
- Information on the professional sector, including well-being and Arts Award
- Confidence, resilience and further skills building as an aspiring creative
There will be opportunities for group visits to DX performance season shows and annual performance in the Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) showcase (and other performances as appropriate).
DX believes there should be a better representation of our society in dance, so offer two bursaries for West Midlands based dancers. This bursary will cover the full cost of Generate.
You can apply for a bursary if you fall into any of the below criteria:
- live in Washwood Heath, Sparkbrook, Nechells, Aston, Ladywood, Small Heath, Soho, Shard End, Yardley or Handsworth
- in receipt of free school meals
- identify as LGBTQI+
- have a disability
- are a young person in care
- are a young carer
How to apply
Bursary and standard places are available via application only.
Email email@example.com to express your interest
I am so pleased that my students decided to join Generate! This additional training has been invaluable as it has enabled them to experience a wider range of high-quality teachers and styles, I’m proving their movement memory, technique and adaptability.
Anna Lines, Artistic Director of Translucent Dance Company