MY Dance On Screen is the Midlands regional platform of U.Dance, which is delivered in partnership with One Dance UK. U.Dance is a national celebration of performance by young people aged 11-19 years, and up to 25 years for young people with disabilities, and welcomes dancers performing any style or genre.
Dance groups, schools and individuals who take part in My Dance On Screen will be featured in an exclusive film and potentially be selected for the U.Dance National Festival.
Dancers can create brand new content which follows current government guideline such as utilising Zoom, working within a bubble or working in COVID secure settings. You can also submit pre-recorded work or a mixture of the two. Your submitted dance piece must be suitable for the screen.
Please keep a lookout for any updates here and on our social channels
- Create a dance piece made for screen –to be showcased at ‘U.Dance WM & U.Dance EM events and considered for the National festival 2022.
- Ensure the dance piece is between 2 and 7 minutes long
- Be based and involve dancers from the West Midlands & East Midlands
- Submit a video of your finished dance piece
- There should be no more than 30 dancers
- For dancers aged 11 to 19 years (as of 24 July 2022 and dancers with disabilities aged up to and including 25 on or by this date)
Regional Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence in performance
- Present excellent and engaging choreography
- Dancers showing clear ownership of the choreography, appropriate for their age and experience
- Demonstrate respect and consideration
- Reflect the diversity of dance styles practiced by young people across the UK
- Creation of an interesting and varied performance
- Showcase excellent and authentic work from both schools and youth dance setting