DanceXchange plays a pivotal role in the growth and development of dance in the Midlands.
We’re passionate about dance and we want everyone to enjoy the positive transformations it creates.
Connecting, nurturing and championing for more than 25 years
Connecting people with great dance, nurturing young dancers and championing some of the UK’s best artistic talent.
DanceXchange plays a pivotal role in the growth and development of dance in the Midlands for more than 25 years, support us to continue this work.
Dance can transform the way we see the world. It can inspire, entertain and empower. Dance can enliven our cities,
raise aspirations and bring people together across cultural divides. At times like these we need dance more than ever.
For more than 25 years, DanceXchange has connecting people with great dance, nurturing young dancers and championing some of the UK’s best artistic talent. We’re passionate about dance and we want everyone to enjoy the positive transformations it creates.
During the current Coronavirus (COVID -19) crisis we suspended our public facing activity following government, NHS & Public Health England guidance.
However, DanceXchange was not closed but continues to provide a vibrant and exciting online dance programme which includes:-
- Adult and young people dance classes, a vital way to keep active, have fun and stay connected
- Centre for Advanced Training programme, our elite training opportunity for young people aged 11-18, who show exceptional talent and potential in Bharatanatyam, Kathak and Contemporary styles
- #DanceConnect produced by DX for Arts Connect, which brings together a digital artist, dance professionals and young people, from across the West Midlands, in a dynamic collaboration to explore creative research within the current quarantine circumstances.
- Advisory Sessions for West Midlands artists
- Dance Insights a curated online programme of performances, discourse and events, provocations and artistic inspirations brought to you by our 2020 Artists in Residence
Update: May 2021
We are delighted to announce that our in-studio classes are back! Please read our Covid-19 safety procedures to ensure you can return to the studios safely. Classes have limited capacity, tickets can only be booked in advance online and are subject to a negative Lateral Flow Test.
Birmingham International Dance Festival – Summer Online Edition 3-13 June, is produced by DanceXchange. Check out the amazing programme and look out for the Autumn live edition in the streets of Birmingham 21 September-3 October 2021.
Please consider supporting our online content during the Covid-19 lock down
We welcome any amount, however small, that you feel able to give to help us continue to deliver our online programmes and classes for free. Every pound you give, will go towards paying our tutors, artists and practitioners for their work in making this possible.
You can donate in either of two ways:
using our WEBSITE through your personal dx account set up
using our PAYPAL account
Thank you for helping dance to flourish here in the Midlands, benefiting thousands of people over many years to come.